Term 3 Curriculum group meeting July 2019
This term we will focus on planning and preparing for RSE. RSE will become compulsory from 2020, and we would like to share best practice and support schools with how to develop and deliver an effective programme to support young people in your setting.
We will look at:
1. What are the new statutory requirements and what it means for your school?
2. Safe and effective planning, delivery and assessment of relationships and sex education as part of the PSHE curriculum.
3. Discuss some of the key issues that may arise and how to manage challenging conversations.
4. Resources to support your delivery of RSE
Guests invited: 1. Effective safeguarding- Teresa Williamson- WHTC Academy- DSL 2. Getting ready for RSE 2020- Lana Gaskin: PSHE Consultant/ CEO Esperanza UK Ltd. 3. Umbrella- sexual health and advice in schools
1. Evaluate resources to support delivery of PSHE and Safeguarding through the curriculum 2. Networking with school colleagues to support and develop partnership 3. Sharing best practice to support teaching and learning to build resilience in young people 4. Develop collaboration opportunities to work in partnership with BCC Education Resilience Team
If you wish to attend, please sign up via the BESS system. Places are limited.
Colleagues who wish to attend, please bring your school ID on arrival
Headteacher/PSHE lead/DSL/SMSC Lead